1. TAIZHOU TEACHER COLLEGE has up to 10 vacancies for qualified educators of any age, who possess a Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, or Ph.D., with majors
Taizhou is also known as City of the Phoenix.
Taizhou is also known as the City of the Phoenix, symbolized by this abstract red monument in the center of the main college avenue.
in ESOL, Education or Secondary Education, Language & Literature, Journalism, Business and Economics. Of course, work experience is always a plus. Couples are encouraged to apply.
2. The workload is between 16 to 18 class hours per week each lasting 45 minutes. Participation in English Corners and extra curricular activities are encouraged. At times, foreign teachers will also be asked to present seminars and presentations to staff and students.
3. The monthly pay is between 4,000 RMB to 6,000 RMB, depending on degree and experience. It includes 3 hours of Chinese lessons per week. (Compensation is similar in all colleges throughout China, and regulated by government.) Please not, that a typical Chinese teacher receives a salary of far less than 3,000 RMB!
4. Round-Trip airfare is offered at the end of each successful teaching year.
5. A travel-allowance of 4,000 RMB each year is part of the contract.
6. A valid Visa and other official documents will be part of the responsibility of the college.
7. Three free meals per day are supplied by the college cafeteria.
8. A modern, spacious and secure furnished apartment on campus will be provided and includes: Heat and
Welcome to TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLLEGE IN JIANGSU, PRC
The Staff and Students of Taizhou Teachers College offer their talents to an appreciative audience.
A/C; free 24 hour internet connection; one Bedroom with linens and complete beddings; one Living room; Bathroom with shower and Western-toilet and towels; complete Kitchen with dishes, cooking utilities, pots and pans and microwave; Flat-screen color-TV with English Channel CCTV-9; Refrigerator; Washing machine; and Telephone, including free 'local' calls.
9. Well-stocked Supermarkets, a variety of stores and numerous restaurants, serving every kind of delicious Chinese food, surround the green garden-campus of TTC.
10. Several long-distance bus stations and a new train station will provide transportation to every part of China. A national airport is under construction. (There are international airports in Shanghai and Nanjing.)
11. Many historical cities are within easy reach: Shanghai in 3 hours, Nanjing in 2 hours, Suzhou in 2 hours, and Yangzhou in 1 hour (by bus). There are direct overnight sleeper-trains to Beijing and Harbin daily. Others will take you to such cities as Chengdu in Sichuan, home of the Panda Bear, Xi'an in Shaanxi, home of the Terra Cotta Warriors, and Shenzhen in Guangdong, the neighbor city of HongKong. (A "High-Speed" Railway is under construction.)
12. The City of Taizhou has been the home of many revered educators throughout its
Trees line every pathway of the campus.
In the city of Taizhou, the campus of TTC is also known as the Garden Campus, one of the greenest spaces in the city. This road leads to the Technology Building in the distance.
proud history, and is the home town of the famed Beijing Opera Star, Mr. Mei Lanfang. It is a community, that has valued education throughout its 2,000 year history, and is quickly developing into one of the major cities in Jiangsu Province. Industries from around the world are finding Taizhou a good partner in which to develop their businesses. From Ship-building to the construction of one of the largest "medical research" cities in the world, its economy is booming and is bringing prosperity to its citizens. Diverse agriculture, surrounding the city, make it part of China's "bread-basket". Parks and green-spaces continue to be developed and elevate the quality of life almost daily.
*****A MESSAGE FROM THE HONORABLE PRESIDENT OF TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE, MR. JIN-CHENG XU:
"Let me welcome you to our wonderful College. I am delighted by your interest in our school, and hope that we might one day soon be your host in exploring our campus and our proud city of Taizhou. Ours is a teachers college with special emphasis on teaching students practical skills and techniques, a college of proud traditions and honorable accomplishments. The graduates are the future teachers and leaders of our country,
The Sportorium on the campus of TTC
The building is used for major performances of the arts- and for sports events.
and we invite you to join us as partners in their important development. Taizhou Teachers College is always ready to welcome you as a friend, and I hope you will accept our hospitality."
Mr. Jin-Cheng Xu
Taizhou Teachers College
For specific information, please address your interest directly to:
Mr. Arthur Lee
Director of International Co-operation & Exchange Center
Taizhou Teachers College of Jiangsu Province
#100 Chunhui Rd., Taizhou, Jiangsu Province,
P.R. of China, 225300
Taizhou Teachers College Web-site: http://www.tzsz.net